natural beauty products
Simply Natural Madagascar uses only natural ingredients. These come from all over the world, especially exotic locales in the Indian Ocean like Madagascar, Sri Lanka and Seychelles. Natural ingredients do not have the additives or artificial preservatives found in many store-bought products.
OTHER INGREDIENTS and HYDROSOLS
ROSE WATER- Rose water can bring benefits to all skin types, it can help sooth and cool sensitive and irritated skin, balance and cleanse oily skin, rejuvenate, soften and tone mature skin, revitalize and add beautiful glow to the normal skin. Rose water is filled with anti-oxidants and various vitamins, therefore, it can help prevent the signs of ageing and nourish the skin.Rose water also has natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
ALOE VERA - Aloe Vera is a succulent cactus plant. Aloe vera gel is extremely beneficial for dry skin. It is a natural moisturizer because of the moisture content locked in it. This gel keeps the skin hydrated and increases its elasticity. Aloe vera contains a plethora of anti-oxidants like beta carotene, vitamins C and E that improve the natural firmness of skin. Aloe vera helps keep the skin hydrated and improves the skin’s elasticity, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It refreshes the skin and makes it vibrant and young-looking.
- Treats Hair Loss: Aloe vera contains enzymes that promote hair growth. The proteolitic enzymes found in aloe vera help to eradicate dead skin cells on the scalp. Aloe vera is also used in dandruff treatment. The natural enzymes found in aloe vera soothe and moisturize the scalp that helps to eliminate the scalp dryness that causes dandruff. Aloe vera is a great conditioning agent that restores the hair’s shine and luster, and leaves the hair silky and smooth.
PLAIN YOGURT - Powerful Nutrients in Yogurt for Glowing Skin.
Yogurt tightens skin pores, clears acne, is rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12 and vitamin B5, and leaves skin glowing and hydrated.
COCONUT WATER - Coconut water can be used as a moisturizer during summer and winter. It has a light consistency and is an excellent moisturizer that can be applied all over the body. It is an ideal moisturizer for people with oily skin, reducing the oiliness of the skin. Coconut water's natural properties treat dull/dry skin and imparts a glow to the face.
- For Acne and Blemishes: Washing face with coconut water regularly can also eliminate acne, black spots, wrinkles and blemishes on the skin.
- Antioxidants: Coconut water is rich in antioxidants that help to remove free radicals that which damage the skin. Free radical comes from stressors within our own body. Emotional stress reduces the flow of blood to our skin and contributes to the aging process.
- Benefits Of Coconut Water For Hair: Coconut water is a blessing for oily skinned people. It helps to wash off excess oil from the skin, cleanses the oil and makes skin tone more even. People with oily skin tend to have a shiny face. Coconut water helps to control shine and provides a natural glow to the face.
- Fights Hair Loss: Coconut water addresses hair loss issues by improving blood circulation in the scalp, strengthening the hair follicles and increasing the density of the hair.
- Fights Dryness: Dull, dry and frizzy hair is hard to manage and looks unsightly too. Massaging your hair with coconut water prior to bathing will help you to get rid of rough and unruly hair and will make your hair soft, smooth and manageable.
- Prevents Breakage: The lauric acid present in coconut water gives water conditioning abilities. Lauric acid shields hair proteins and protects the root of the hair strands preventing hair breakage.
- Conditions Hair: Coconut water moisturizes the hair and penetrates the hair shaft, conditioning the hair from within. The water can be consumed and can also be used to wash hair.
- Helps Hair Growth: Coconut water’s antibacterial, anti-fungal properties protect the scalp against dandruff, lice and itchy scalp, all of which can hinder hair growth.
- Gives Shine: Coconuts are a rich source of hair loving nutrients like Vitamin, Vitamin K and iron. These nutrients are essential for maintaining your hair’s shine and softness.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
HYDROSOLS - Hydrosols are the "essential waters" of a plant, created by distilling the freshly-picked plant materials. Hydrosols are composed of the water-soluble properties of the plant plus small amounts of the plant's essential oils. Hydrosols also contain the plant's natural fragrance, but because of the low amounts of essential oil, the fragrance often smells different than perfumes or essential oils. Good quality hydrosols often have a grassy, vegetative fragrance. They are created when freshly-picked herbs, leaves or flowers are placed in a distillation unit and steamed. The steam softens the plant's cell walls and vaporizes water-soluble plant components, essential oils and the plant's natural moisture. This vaporous mixture then condenses within the condensation unit, creating the liquid hydrosol.
So, what is the difference between hydrosols and essential oils? Hydrosols are a liquid containing water (from the plant's natural moisture), water-soluble plant properties, and small amounts of essential oils. Essential oils are oils containing the natural chemicals of plants, including scent, and other substances produced from the heat of distillation. Both hydrosols and essential oils are created by distillation. The finest hydrosols are produced slowly, using low freshly picked plants with the moisture still present in the plant tissue.
BASIL - Great for acne and makes a wonderful spritz for shinny hair!
CALENDELA - Beneficial for skin disorders, rashes, hotspots, epidermal healing, scratches, abrasions, sunburn, scars, and an all around skin tonic. This hydrosol is a perfect facial toner, and may be included in your skin care and herbal formulations, added to bathwater, or used within a compress for aches and sprains.
CHAMOMILE - A gentle, soothing hydrosol used to refresh and calm the skin. It is particularly helpful with dry and sensitive conditions and is sometimes used in place of carrier oils that might be too strong for some skin types. It is also recommended as a compress for reddened or tired eyes and is used as a mild and gentle brightening agent. Soothes irritated skin; reduces dark circles around eyes; brightens skin tone; calms allergies and itching; and more.
CUCUMBER - Cucumbers are well known for their soothing, healing, and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin. This hydrosol is highly recommended, and is a wonderful natural alternative to the many synthetic cucumber fragrances available today.
HELICHRYSUM - A deeply therapeutic and healing hydrosol with unrivaled skin toning benefits. Helichrysum hydrosol makes a lightly refreshing facial mist for mature and dry skin, with a mildly dry and "toasty" aroma. This is the best hydrosol for those in search of a complete skin toning and healing experience.
LAVENDER - Ideal for oily and combination skin, and is an excellent coolant for minor burns, rashes, and hot sores.
LEMON GRASS - Keeps skin clean while also inhibiting the growth of bacteria, making it great for fighting acne. It tones and balances the pH of skin, leaving it clean and bright. Great for any skin type, especially oily, irritated, or acne prone skin.
LIME - Lime hydrosol stimulates skin circulation and promotes pH balancing for alkaline skin types further tightening the outer epidermis. It has been traditionally used for problems with oily skin and minor skin blemishes.
ROSE GERANIUM - A fantastic hydrosol with a stunning application for complex and combination skin types where restoring balance is quickly needed.
SANDALWOOD - Sandalwood is penetrating of a scent. Great as a general body perfume. It is also a wonderful toner for all skin types, and makes a practical and suitable body splash, anti-anxiety spray, deodorant, room freshener.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Vitamin A: Also known as retinoids, benefits the skin by down regulating sebum which contributes to acne, and reversing and treating ultraviolet damage, stretch marks, and cellulite. Vitamin A is essential for a healthy body and it has many beneficial properties, including healthier eyes, soft and supple skin, and acne prevention. Vitamin A is famous for its wrinkle-eliminating properties, which can reduce age spots and fine lines. It can slow down the aging process by enhancing the overall health of the skin.
- Vitamin B/B-complex: B-Complex vitamins enhance beauty by promoting healthy hair, skin and nails, by counteracting damage caused by free-radicals - molecules that breakdown healthy cells and contribute to aging and disease. Deficiencies of any of these B Vitamins can lead to dry, grey skin, dermatitis, wrinkles, acne, rashes, hair loss and weak, splitting nails. B vitamins help us to metabolize food sources, providing nutrients to the whole body including the hair and hair follicles. Deficiencies of vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B5 can result in poorly nourished hair follicle cells, potentially causing hair to become brittle and stunt hair growth. Not getting enough Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid can also slow down cell division within the hair follicles, which also slows down hair growth. Vitamin B7 (Biotin) is also essential for maintaining the texture, tone and strength of your locks, and a deficiency can lead to hair loss. This vitamin can also be used to treat cradle cap; a scalp condition which affects infants.
- Vitamin C: An antioxidant that regulates collagen synthesis, forms barrier lipids, regenerates Vitamin E, and provides protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Vitamin D: Regulates the skin’s immune system and reproduction of new cells and tissues (increases skin cell’s metabolism).
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that protects against oxidative damage and against ultraviolet rays, a natural preservative that allows for longer shelf lifeBeta. Vitamin E oil on the skin improves the texture of the skin and helps to get rid of various skin problems.
- Carotene: A a precursor of Vitamin A, an antioxidant that protects from and increases resistance to environmental free radicals Vitamins are not the only nutrients that a lot of fruits contain.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tropical fruits like Pineapple, Passion fruit, Papaya, Mango, Banana and Coconut are abundant in tropical countries. The residents of these tropical places have beautiful, young-looking skin and hair partly because of the application of these fruits on their skin and hair. Everyone can benefit from the properties of certain fruits and botanical extracts that have the same powerful anti-aging, healing, nourishing, strengthening and rejuvenating properties.
Fruits like Papaya, Strawberry, Pineapple, Grape, Apple and Lemon contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA’s, a type of acid naturally occurring in certain foods. AHA’s naturally exfoliate, rejuvenate and repair the skin by loosening and removing dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. They help reduce the appearance of skin wrinkling, even skin tones, and soften and smooth the skin. They also contain lactic acid and glycolic acid which function as a humectant or skin conditioning agent, mild exfoliants and pH adjusters and are thus mild and non-irritating.
Citrus fruits have many benefits for the skin. The citrus fruits are antioxidants with Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Using citrus fruits on your skin can freshen, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin. The citrus fruits will also lighten the skin color and reduce freckles, discoloration and scars. Citrus fruits contain alpha hydroxyl which is a natural exfoliating ingredient. The juices are astringent so they are helpful in treating oily skin and acne. The citrus fruit juice will cleanse and unblock pores and help to shed dead skin cells:
- Oranges have Vitamin C, Vitamin E, zinc and antioxidants which make them good for oily skin and acne treatment. Orange juice is an effective anti wrinkle skin treatment. The juice in orange rinds helps to firm sagging skin. Oranges contain Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that helps to heal and rejuvenate the skin. Ingredients in oranges also help the body to produce collagen which improves the appearance of the skin. Orange oil is used in commercial skin care products to rejuvenate the skin. Orange juice also helps to treat cold symptoms. In aromatherapy orange oil is a relaxing, calming mood elevator that helps to treat depression.
- Grapefruit is another citrus fruit that can be beneficial to the skin and helpful in reducing age spots and freckles.
- Lemon juice is good for the skin and hair.
- Honey acts as a great anti-aging agent and moisturizer. It is rich in natural antioxidants that have anti-microbial properties. They help protect your skin from harmful UV rays and facilitate the skin’s ability to rejuvenate. Honey also has the ability to absorb and retain moisture and this helps in keeping the skin well hydrated, fresh and supple. It cures dry, damaged and dull-looking hair. It helps retain moisture and get rid of dry, itchy flakes on your scalp. It also helps keep your hair clean, lustrous, healthy and shiny.